if you experience issues and/or crashes with video resolution , especially on notebooks, please follow this tip before doing anything else:
1-update Livetraker to Version 4.4 or newer
2-Turn on the “high DPI scaling override” in the Windows compatibility settings. Check the box and select “system enhanced”. This seems to solve the screen resolution problem
Right-click on the desktop shortcut of the app. If its shortcut is not created on the desktop, follow the steps below:
- Click on Windows Search and type the name of the app.
- Right-click on the app from the search results and select Open file location.
- Now, locate the application file and right-click on it.
- Select Properties.
After opening the properties window, select the Compatibility tab and click on the Change high DPI settings button.
If you want to apply these settings for all the users on your system, click Change settings for all users.
Now, under the Program DPI section, enable the checkbox that says Use this setting to fix scaling problems for this program instead of the one in Settings. Leave the drop-down to the default option “I signed in to Windows.” If you want to apply these DPI settings only when you open the program, select “I open this program” in the drop-down.
Under the High DPI scaling override section, enable the “Override high DPI scaling behavior” checkbox. In the drop-down, you will see these three options, Application, System, and System (Enhanced).
- Application: This setting was previously named “Disable display scaling on high-DPI settings.” It forces the app to run on a per-monitor DPI awareness mode. In other words, Windows will not stretch the user interface of the app when the DPI changes.
- System: This setting stretches the user interface of the app which makes the text in the application blurry.
- System (Enhanced): This setting resizes the user interface correctly and makes the interface looks crisper.
Let’s see when to select these options.
First, select the System (Enhanced) mode. If this does not work, switch to another mode and see if it works.